What is a sex therapist?
AASECT Certified sex therapists are licensed mental health professionals, trained to provide in-depth psychotherapy, who have specialized in treating clients with sexual issues and concerns, they are certified, registered, or clinical members of a national psychotherapy organization. Sex therapists work with simple sexual concerns also, but in addition, where appropriate, are prepared to provide comprehensive and intensive psychotherapy over an extended period of time in more complex cases.
A few of the areas Dr. Winegarden can help people with are:
- desire discrepancy between partners
- performance anxiety
- anorgasmia-difficulty achieving orgasm
- erectile issues
- learning to trust again after an infidelity
- conflict resolution
- alternative relationships
- transgender issues
- problematic sexual behaviors